Mother’s Day is around the corner (Sunday, May 13th) and no one deserves a pampered day at the pool more than Mom. Show her that you’re always thinking about her with a thoughtful gift for fun, relaxation or entertainment.
Our knowledgeable and friendly retail store manager Dennis, has combed through his favorite gifts and has come up with this helpful gift giving guide.
2. Treat her to a day of relaxation in the sun with the Ultimate Floating Lounger or Ultimate Mattress by Swimline. These durable inflatable cushions offer comfortable nylon covers. The mattress comes equipped with a full-size pillow, while the lounger offers onboard drink storage.
3. The Intrigue Spinning Table Top Fire from The Outdoor Greatroom Company is the perfect centerpiece for Mom’s outdoor entertainment area. Light up the patio with this beautiful gift she can enjoy with family and friends. Stop by our retail store to check out the Intrigue Spinning Table Top Fire in person!
4. Who doesn’t love music poolside to set the mood for your pool day? PoolTunes would make the perfect gift. Waterproof to 3 feet under, this wireless speaker will broadcast up to 35 feet and has an LED light for night swimming fun.
5. If there is a little one in the house, Mom may enjoy the Me and You Baby Seat float for two. This float comes in assorted turtle or goldfish styles.
6. If you are thinking about getting Mom some of our new premium cleaning equipment for Mother’s Day, be sure to include a note in her card that this gift comes with a few cleaning sessions from YOU!
7. Give the gift that keeps on giving with the Polaris 9650iQ Sport. “The 9650iQ Sport is a 4WD robotic cleaner that provides premium cleaning performance with the convenience of iAquaLink Control. By connecting to your home’s Wi-Fi network, the 9650iQ allows anytime, anywhere access to real-time scheduling programming, and troubleshooting from any smart device using the iAquaLink app.” – Polaris
Don’t miss Polaris Days to save an extra 10% off during the pool cleaner sales event of the year! Make sure to stop by for the lowest prices anywhere on Polaris cleaners.
8. Share a float with your mom with Swimline’s Lotus Blossom for two. This float is fun, spacious and perfect for hanging poolside.
Stop by our retail store today to pick the perfect gift for the mothers on your list. Receive 10% off toys and floats and premium cleaning equipment May 11th – May 14th in our store. We look forward to helping you put a smile on Mom’s face!
Being a pool owner can be a lot of work. While we love to help you make light of that work, we also want to be part of the fun! Test your pool pro knowledge with these fun facts and figures.
1. The largest backyard swimming pool is located in El Campo, Texas and has a 500 foot lazy river. It holds 600,000 gallons of water and used to be a pond. It’s true what they say, everything really is bigger in Texas!
2.There are over 10.6 million swimming pools in the United States.
3. California is the state with the most swimming pools in the United States with over 3 million pools!
4. In 1907 the RMS Adriatic was the first ocean liner to have a swimming pool on board. The Titanic, which was built around the same time, had a heated swimming pool on board.
5. An hour of strenuous swimming will burn about 650 calories, more than walking or riding a bike for the same amount of time.
6. Swimming became an Olympic event in 1896. Women were allowed to compete starting in 1912. Today there are 16 swimming events but a men’s 800-meter freestyle, women’s 1,500-meter freestyle and a 4×100-meter medley mixed-gender relay are being added for the 2020 Olympic Games.
7. An Olympic size swimming pool can hold 700,000-850,000 gallons of water.
8. The world’s largest pool, according to the Guinness World Records, was built in Algarrobo, Chile in 2006. The Alfonso del Mar Seawater Pool is 3,324 feet long and covers 19.7 acres!
9. The cannonball is the most popular way to jump into the pool.
10. President Gerald Ford had an outdoor pool built at the White House in 1975.
11. 65% of Americans don’t know how to swim.
12. Benjamin Franklin invented swim fins. Unlike today’s foot flippers, the first fins were worn on your hands.
13. Australia builds more personal swimming pools per capita than any other country in the world. Since most of Australia is considered a desert or semi-arid, it’s no surprise!
14. The world record for breath holding underwater is 24 minutes achieved in 2016 by Aleix Segura Vendrell (Spain), in Barcelona, Spain! Vendrell is a avid free diver.
15. The breaststroke is thought to be the oldest of all swimming strokes. “Drawings in an Egyptian cave, appropriately called the Cave of Swimmers, depict swimmers in various poses, with the leg whipping motion believed to having been inspired by frogs.” – Your Swim Log
16. Swimming dates back to 2500 BCE as seen in ancient Egyptian cave paintings.
17. Elephants can swim an average of 20 miles a day using their trunks as snorkels.
18. 38% of pools having a diving board.
Have a fun fact to add? Drop us a line in the comments!
December in New England may seem like a strange time to be thinking about a backyard makeover, but winter is the perfect time to day dream about warmer months ahead. Need some inspiration for your own pool paradise? Check out 20 beautiful poolscapes from across the globe!
Which poolscape is your favorite? Leave us your vote in the comments!