Does your collection of floats and toys seem to grow more and more each pool season? Keep your floats, towels, noodles, goggles and more neat and tidy with this fun DIY pool toy organizer project.
Use a recycled natural wood pallet (stay away from ones that may have been chemically treated) and paint it to match your patio decor or whatever fun design style you like! Get the kids involved and add unique hooks for each family member to hang their towels when they aren’t using them. The design options are endless!
For step by step instructions, check out this helpful video from HGTV.
Need a pallet for your project? Stop by or call our Retail Store, we usually have some available.
December in New England may seem like a strange time to be thinking about a backyard makeover, but winter is the perfect time to day dream about warmer months ahead. Need some inspiration for your own pool paradise? Check out 20 beautiful poolscapes from across the globe!
Which poolscape is your favorite? Leave us your vote in the comments!
Being a pool owner can be a lot of work. While we love to help you make light of that work, we also want to be part of the fun! Test your pool pro knowledge with these fun facts and figures.
Did you know…?
1. The largest backyard swimming pool is located in El Campo, Texas and has a 500 foot lazy river. It holds 600,000 gallons of water and used to be a pond. It’s true what they say, everything really is bigger in Texas!
2.There are over 10.6 million swimming pools in the United States.
3. California is the state with the most swimming pools in the United States with over 3 million pools!
4. In 1907 the RMS Adriatic was the first ocean liner to have a swimming pool on board. The Titanic, which was built around the same time, had a heated swimming pool on board.
5. An hour of strenuous swimming will burn about 650 calories, more than walking or riding a bike for the same amount of time.
6. Swimming became an Olympic event in 1896. Women were allowed to compete starting in 1912. Today there are 16 swimming events but a men’s 800-meter freestyle, women’s 1,500-meter freestyle and a 4×100-meter medley mixed-gender relay are being added for the 2020 Olympic Games.
7. An Olympic size swimming pool can hold 700,000-850,000 gallons of water.
8. The world’s largest pool, according to the Guinness World Records, was built in Algarrobo, Chile in 2006. The Alfonso del Mar Seawater Pool is 3,324 feet long and covers 19.7 acres!
9. The cannonball is the most popular way to jump into the pool.
10. President Gerald Ford had an outdoor pool built at the White House in 1975.
11. 65% of Americans don’t know how to swim.
12. Benjamin Franklin invented swim fins. Unlike today’s foot flippers, the first fins were worn on your hands.
13. Australia builds more personal swimming pools per capita than any other country in the world. Since most of Australia is considered a desert or semi-arid, it’s no surprise!
14. The world record for breath holding underwater is 24 minutes achieved in 2016 by Aleix Segura Vendrell (Spain), in Barcelona, Spain! Vendrell is a avid free diver.
15. The breaststroke is thought to be the oldest of all swimming strokes. “Drawings in an Egyptian cave, appropriately called the Cave of Swimmers, depict swimmers in various poses, with the leg whipping motion believed to having been inspired by frogs.” – Your Swim Log
16. Swimming dates back to 2500 BCE as seen in ancient Egyptian cave paintings.
17. Elephants can swim an average of 20 miles a day using their trunks as snorkels.
18. 38% of pools having a diving board.
19. A resort in Port Dickson, Malaysia has 643 swimming pools, not including the private swimming pools at each villa!
20. A filtration system for swimming pools was invented in 1910 at Brown University, using chlorine. Public drinking water was being sanitized with chlorination and sand filtration, so they applied the same concept to swimming pools.
Have a fun fact to add? Drop us a line in the comments!
Father’s Day is around the corner (Sunday, June 16th) and we have just what you need to put a smile on Dad’s face. Whether your dad prefers a day of fun, relaxation or entertainment, we have the perfect gift.
Our knowledgeable and friendly retail store manager Dennis, has combed through his favorite gifts and has come up with some fabulous sale items Dad is sure to love!
Deal 1: 10% Off All Inflatables
Deal 2: 10% Off Nice Coolers and
Deal 3: 10% Off Pool Basketball &
Deal 4: 10% Off Water Tech Volt Pool & Spa Vacuums
Deal 5: 25% Off In-Stock Plank & Hide Patio Furniture
Mother’s Day is around the corner (Sunday, May 12th) and no one deserves a pampered day at the pool more than Mom. Show her that you’re always thinking about her with a thoughtful gift for fun, relaxation or entertainment.
Our knowledgeable and friendly retail store manager Dennis, has combed through his favorite gifts and has come up with some fabulous sale items Mom is sure to love!