Join us and RSVP Here!
Mother’s Day is around the corner (Sunday, May 13th) and no one deserves a pampered day at the pool more than Mom. Show her that you’re always thinking about her with a thoughtful gift for fun, relaxation or entertainment.
Our knowledgeable and friendly retail store manager Dennis, has combed through his favorite gifts and has come up with this helpful gift giving guide.
2. Treat her to a day of relaxation in the sun with the Ultimate Floating Lounger or Ultimate Mattress by Swimline. These durable inflatable cushions offer comfortable nylon covers. The mattress comes equipped with a full-size pillow, while the lounger offers onboard drink storage.
3. The Intrigue Spinning Table Top Fire from The Outdoor Greatroom Company is the perfect centerpiece for Mom’s outdoor entertainment area. Light up the patio with this beautiful gift she can enjoy with family and friends. Stop by our retail store to check out the Intrigue Spinning Table Top Fire in person!
4. Who doesn’t love music poolside to set the mood for your pool day? PoolTunes would make the perfect gift. Waterproof to 3 feet under, this wireless speaker will broadcast up to 35 feet and has an LED light for night swimming fun.
5. If there is a little one in the house, Mom may enjoy the Me and You Baby Seat float for two. This float comes in assorted turtle or goldfish styles.
6. If you are thinking about getting Mom some of our new premium cleaning equipment for Mother’s Day, be sure to include a note in her card that this gift comes with a few cleaning sessions from YOU!
7. Give the gift that keeps on giving with the Polaris 9650iQ Sport. “The 9650iQ Sport is a 4WD robotic cleaner that provides premium cleaning performance with the convenience of iAquaLink Control. By connecting to your home’s Wi-Fi network, the 9650iQ allows anytime, anywhere access to real-time scheduling programming, and troubleshooting from any smart device using the iAquaLink app.” – Polaris
Don’t miss Polaris Days to save an extra 10% off during the pool cleaner sales event of the year! Make sure to stop by for the lowest prices anywhere on Polaris cleaners.
8. Share a float with your mom with Swimline’s Lotus Blossom for two. This float is fun, spacious and perfect for hanging poolside.
Stop by our retail store today to pick the perfect gift for the mothers on your list. Receive 10% off toys and floats and premium cleaning equipment May 11th – May 14th in our store. We look forward to helping you put a smile on Mom’s face!
Your backyard and pool patio has never looked so good with Plank & Hide Company’s outdoor furniture! Shop your favorite look today from their catalog and contact us to place your order.
Nothing ruins a pool party like a swarm of relentless mosquitoes ready to make you the main course at the BBQ. Don’t let pesky, disease-carrying pests ruin your time. Consider these ideas to make your pool area less appealing to mosquitoes.
When it comes to mosquito management, you’ll want to use a combination of these recommendations for best results.
1. Remove standing water and fill in holes in the yard. Stagnant water can quickly become a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Be sure to inspect your yard after rain for these areas and fill them in to remove the problem.
2. Utilize a solar cover. Solar covers have many benefits, one of which is to keep insects out of your pool. As an added bonus, you will keep your pool water from evaporating as quickly, while using the sun to help heat your pool.
3. Invite mosquito predators into the yard. Bats, dragonflies, birds, tadpoles and fish are just a few of the critters that enjoy feasting on adult mosquitoes and larvae. If you make your pool area inviting for these animals, you will have some help managing the mosquito population.
4. Keep up with maintenance. Maintain a clean and balanced pool to keep mosquitoes at bay. A dirty pool will have the opposite effect.
5. Maintain the landscaping. Remove rotten leaves and debris that also hold water. Be sure to check under things (like your deck) for rotting organic material that are sure to become home to mosquito larvae. Some plants are said to have insect repelling properties and naturally repel mosquitoes. Try planting lemon thyme, catnip, lemon balm, lavender, basil, garlic, rosemary and marigolds as deterrents.
6. Repair cracks in the septic. “If there’s a way for mosquitoes to get into your septic tank to lay their eggs, they will find it. Search for any place they could get in, such as uncovered ventilation pipes, cracks in the tank walls, and gaps in the septic tank cover.Cover ventilation pipes with screen mesh tight enough to prevent insects from flying through. Use cement to repair your tank walls. Replace tank covers that don’t have a snug fit. If you have an abandoned septic tank on your property, consider filling it in to keep it from turning into a big mosquito condo unit.” – Swim University
7. Try to trap them.
8. Mist and spray them away. Home mist machines, professional yard spraying services, and do-it-yourself insecticide application can all help relieve mosquito problems. These should all be used carefully, especially with children and pets in the yard. The EPA cautions, “No pesticide should be regarded as 100% risk free.”
9. Build a bug-free enclosure. Installing an enclosure around your pool brings your outdoor pool indoors with regards to keeping bugs out. Enclosures are often used in tropical climates where the mosquito populations thrive in the mild, wet weather. Adding mesh curtains around outdoor dining areas for instance, will make your yard more pleasant for gathering.
10. Encourage a strong breeze. Get creative with your approach and try installing outdoor fans. The wind will keep mosquitoes away from the breezy area because they are weak flyers.
We hope you’ll find these tricks helpful for mosquito management in your yard. Do you have any mosquito fighting tips that we left off the list? Leave your suggestion in the comments!